Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 20th 2010

I got a whole lot done today on my little sister's fairy dress

1) I attatched the top and bottom half of the dress
- I only messed up in a couple of places but they were easy to fix, only difficulty was that I was still using invisible thread so it was hard to see

2) I made a belt for the dress out of sparkly purple material
- didn't realize that I needed graments until I got to this step, lucky for me I have a bunch of little silver ones left over from who knows what project. Good thing I have a bunch because I had to test two in order to remember just how they work
- downfall to the tiny graments, I have very thick ribbon to lace through them. Not a problem, I made it work.

3) only one fairy wing got made, but it was a doozy
- the pattern that says where to put the veins for the wings (aka sparkly white pipe cleaners) is on the pattern, and the material won't accept my white pencil so I did a crazy manovering trick and about a thousand pins to get the pipe cleaners on just right.

I think everything looks nice.















No comments:

Post a Comment