Sunday, September 5, 2010

September 5th 2010

Today my mom taught me some more cake decorating secrets and now I can make the ribbon rose out of butter cream icing



I also helped my mom decorate a cake that she wanted to make for work. Really she just wanted to practice doing the basket weave on a cake instead of just on paper and she had promised she would bring in a cake to work. My mom had already made the flowers while she was in the cake decorating class out of royal icing




Finally mom taught me how to make Wilton roses and rose buds out of royal icing. In November I am going to make a Rapunzal cake for the new Disney movie Tangled. The cake is going to be a tower with a fondant princess on top and roses going up the side. So I made small versions of the rose buds and full roses.




No comments:

Post a Comment